Loads and Dynamics Engineer- Melbourne, FL - S
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems – Flight Sciences Department is seeking Loads and Dynamics Engineers across multiple disciplines including Aircraft External Loads, Flutter, Aeroelasticity, Dynamics and Vibroacoustics. Work experience may also include fatigue spectra, flight and ground testing, and finite element model generation. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Advance Concepts Design, Autonomous Design, and Manned Aircraft Design Centers of Excellence currently engaged in the exciting design and development of next generation aircraft.
As a member of the Loads and Dynamics Department the candidate will support one or more of the following:
- The candidate will support the definition, analysis, and application of structural design criteria and resulting airframe loads for various aerospace projects.
- The candidate will conduct flutter/aeroelastic analysis and test coordination for various aerospace projects.
- The candidate will define and verify dynamic environmental criteria for the aircraft and related equipment.
The candidate will participate in aircraft development program activities and will coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs, design implementation details, documentation of results and interfacing with customers.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 6 years of engineering experience focused on one or more of the Loads and Dynamics Disciplines listed above
- Ability to obtain and maintain and active DoD Secret Clearance is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Direct experience in the advanced system design of military aircraft
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top