Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) Mission Event Commander / Project Management 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced LVC Mission Event Commander with at least fifteen years' experience in United States Air Force (USAF) operational training activities as well as at least five years of modeling and simulation expertise for the purpose of leading large scale LVC mission profiles.
The selected candidate will lead the development, planning, briefing, execution, debriefing, and after action activities associated with the conduct of advanced LVC activities. The LVC Mission Event Commander must be highly experienced and current in USAF Large Force Employment execution, must have expertise in modeling and simulation activities to include an excellent understanding of CAF DMON processes, procedures, and security solutions. In addition, the individual shall be capable of interacting with lower ranking tactical personnel to high ranking (General Officer (GO)-level) personnel on exercise issues and problems.
The Mission Event Commander must be a team player, able to work comfortably and effectively with engineers, weapons system operators, internal and external team members, sub-contractors as well as sponsors and other DoD contractors. Strong interpersonal skills are required to be fully effective, especially in a deployed type setting. This position requires 25% travel, support of conferences, meetings, and other operational planning events.
- US Citizenship required. Possess an active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. Must be able to maintain clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with 15 Years of experience; 13 Years with a Masters.
- Minimum 5 years required M&S technical experience with a focus on CAF DMON processes, procedures and security activities.
- At least 10 years USAF operational experience in A-10, B-1, B-2, B-52, F-15C, F-15E, F-16, F-22, F-35, KC-10, KC-135, C-17, C-130, RC-135, E-3, E-8 or RPA aircraft.
- At least 10 years of USAF Mission Commander expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in performing Mission Director activities with demonstrated ability to safely lead and execute large force training events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system supportability concepts (NGTS, ASCOT, F22CES, Big Tac, XCITE, MACE).
- Demonstrated experience implementing project management principles and managing, tracking, and coordinating a wide range of actions, documents, and tasks through completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Ability to understand and apply company methodologies, standard, and policies.
- Flexibility and strong problem solving, and communication skills are a critical requirement for this position.
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of management with minimum direct supervision
- Demonstrate the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional information technology tasks independently.
● USAF Weapons School Graduate or highly experienced fighter pilot with senior Mission Commander experience and extensive working knowledge of all USAF aircraft assets in tactical execution.
● Demonstrated experience planning, coordinating, executing, and participating in major exercises/events.
● Demonstrated experience performing as a hands-on constructive simulation operator in a supporting role for an M&S training/testing recipient.
● Demonstrated working knowledge of current CAF DMON and MAF DTCN Simulation capabilities, requirements, plans, and policy.
● Demonstrated experience presenting material to senior Government officials and key stakeholders.
● Demonstrated knowledge of AF M&S techniques, tools, and exercises.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top