LINUX Systems Administrator - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
Our program has a need for a self-motivated, hardworking Linux System Administrator capable of working on an agile, development program. The individual needs to be comfortable supporting incremental hardware deliveries that could require reconfiguration and continuous restructuring /builds of the current infrastructure as new hardware is procured and baselines received.
Selected candidates will initially be responsible for:
- Hardware installs and configuration
- COTs SW installs
- Security Patching
- Hardware Maintenance;
- User Accounts.
The ideal candidate will develop solutions to moderate problems, utilizing ingenuity and general direction or oversight. The candidate must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program goals and perform their work accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical degree with 3 years' experience; or 7 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with CI Polygraph and ability to obtain Full Scope Polygraph after hire
- Experience loading, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux operating systems, including RedHat
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere or Oracle PCA
- Experience installing a variety of applications on Linux/Unix platforms
- Experience with LDAP
- Provide after-hours on-call support (24 hours a day/ 7 days a week/ holidays)
Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives, and data recoveryExperience working with Storage Area Networks and Network Attached StorageFamiliar with Windows Active Directory and user account managementFamiliar with Enterprise automation technologies such as Kickstart, Puppet, SpacewalkScripting experience with bash, Python, or Windows PowershellTS/SCI Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top