Linux Systems Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea---it's a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to become part of Northrop Grumman's organization supporting the Army Analytics Group's Research Facilitation Laboratory located in Monterey, California. The team conducts a variety of research studies and supports data analytics efforts for clients across the Army, Office of the Secretary of Defense and greater DoD, conducting high-quality research with practical real-world implications. The team works primarily within a data environment that houses a wealth of administrative, personnel, survey, and medical data (i.e., big data) on extremely large populations. Projects generally focus on resilience, health, and readiness among military service members, and include population-based studies, machine learning projects, visual analytics platforms, measurement analysis, and pilot program evaluations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related major and a minimum of 10 years experience in a systems operations position. (An Additional 4 years of applicable experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration Experience
- Demonstrated competency in technical problem solving
- Extensive experience deploying, configuring Linux servers
- Experience configuring and applying security settings to IT systems
- Experience installing/configuring Apache software projects
- US Citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certification
- Experience administering Hortonworks Data Platform Hadoop Clusters is highly preferred
- Experience supporting platforms and systems used for data science and machine learning: Python, R
- Experience administering AWS
- LDAP experience with Linux
- DoD 8570 Certification in primary OS (Linux)
- Current CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with DoD security certification and accreditation is highly preferred
- Experience following DoD security guidance for securing IT systems
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or Interim Secret Clearance is highly preferred
- Experience with military/government
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top