Linux Systems Administrator 3/4
- Redondo Beach, CA
Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux
Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Redondo Beach area.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified government contract. Managing systems, including Red Hat
Enterprise Linux servers, workstations, and applications for several program or project areas.
- Support highly skilled engineers working with advanced engineering tools.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system
engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions
to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work after hours and weekends as needed.
Back to top