Linux Systems Administrator 3 - TS/SCI
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a qualified, dependable and driven mid-level Systems Administrator to support an Intelligence Community customer in Reston, VA. We require an experienced system administrator to assist in managing and supporting Linux based Cross-Domain systems. You will be working in a mid-sized team providing O&M support on production systems.
This person is responsible for engineering, integrating, and deploying secure cross domain solutions on multiple networks. The duties of this position include providing daily operational support and maintenance to ensure system services are functional to the customer, integrating and testing system patches, and supporting CONUS and OCONUS deployments through onsite and offsite support. Candidate will engineer and operate Linux and VMware based platforms and services. Responsibility also includes documentation, and policy/procedure compliance for IT systems in an enterprise DoD environment, and developing and test CT&E procedures
- Perform all of the Systems Administrator duties and support the integration of new technologies into new and existing systems
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, and/or the communications infrastructure
- Install, connect, configure, troubleshoot, and perform routine maintenance of operating system, software, hardware, third party COTS, and firmware on systems located on multiple networks
- Perform security patches and upgrades
- Maintain data protection to include backups, data/disaster recovery, and data flow
- Maintain all system documentation including certification and accreditation documents
- Troubleshoot, debug server based application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s)
- Performs occasional after hour tasks, including but not limited to, restarting systems, application upgrades, hardware maintenance, etc.
- Ensures all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is regularly maintained.
- Performs performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to upper management.
- Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications.
- Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes Information Assurance Validation Testing.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in technical meetings
- Candidate will support system deployments and CERP upgrades offsite and occasionally onsite at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree plus 6 years of related experience, Masters with 4 years of experience, 9 years of total experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- US Citizenship is required and an Active/current Top Secret /SCI (recent CI Polygraph within the last 5 years is highly preferred).
- A minimum 3 years of experience with systems administration on Linux platforms.
- Experience working with VMWare
- CompTIA Security certification or higher
- Detailed knowledge of LINUX Operating Systems, VMware (strong UNIX experience may be considered in lieu of LINUX)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction
- Interpersonal skills to enable working, interacting with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
- Must have professional attitude, appearance, and possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with gaining and maintaining network accreditations.
- System integration (hardware, software, network, and database).
- Clear understanding of networking technologies (routers, firewalls, switches, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of system security, operation, performance, and system effectiveness.
- Experience with validating the release of products or services for operation in a production DoDIIS environment.
- Solaris or RHEL certification
- Experience with Trusted Gateway System and WebShield products a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top