Linux Systems Administrator 3
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join our team.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Cyber Systems Administrator 3 with Linux experience to join our team in Pensacola FL. This position will support large computing systems and state of the art solutions to a wide range of technical problems for classified programs and projects supporting the Department of Defense (DoD).
The Systems Administrator for 24x7x365 classified operations will design, install, configure, secure, troubleshoot and maintain operating systems for mission critical servers in support of classified DoD programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage Enterprise Red Hat Linux computing infrastructure
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Work with a team of Service desk and systems Administrators and may be called upon to assist with Service desk issues.
- Utilize Remedy ticketing system for trouble management documentation
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to DOD agencies and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Research and recommend/assist in improving system performance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with remote customers.
This is a 24/7/365 environment and the current shifts available are 2nd and 3rd shift.
The selected candidate must have and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 or higher certification prior to starting. For a list of qualified certifications, please reference http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
- Bachelor's Degree in technical field plus six (6) years of relevant IT administration experience; OR a Master's degree in a technical field plus four (4) years of relevant IT administration experience; OR 10 years of relevant IT administration experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing ability
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift in a 7x24x365 environment
- Current, active Top Secret clearance.
- Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 (or higher) certification prior to starting.
- RedHat Linux systems experience
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides(STIGs)
- RHCSA, Netflow
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top