Linux Systems Administrator 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator 3 who will apply system administration and troubleshooting skills in support of multiple, dynamic software development and test environments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and maintaining secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations.
- Supporting bare-metal and virtual machines; coordinating actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and hardware engineers.
- Devising, recommending, and implementing performance-enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and automation solutions.
- Installing, hardening and patching Linux operating systems.
- Troubleshooting end-user issues.
- Developing and documenting technical procedures.
Primary system administration duties reside in classified environments; proto-typing, testing, and proof-of-concept work is done in an unclassified environment when possible.
The selected candidate will:
- Be proficient working from a command-line environment.
- Able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems and mount file systems in Linux environments.
- Read, modify and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
- Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
- Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
- Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
- Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
- Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
- Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility .
- Current Security CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Linux experience.
- Redhat System Administration certification(s).
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT).
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities.
- Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
- Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience.
- VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
- Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat "iptables").
- Experience building custom "rpm" software packages for Redhat platforms.
- Windows (7, 10) administration experience.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 experience.
- Group Policies(GPOs) experience.
- Active Directory management experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top