LINUX Systems Administrator 2 - OCONUS
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Linux System Administrator 2 to help support a program located in North Yorkshire, England.
The program requires a highly-qualified, mission-oriented individual interested in realizing the rewards of maintaining innovative and complex systems. The candidate will be primarily focused on the support and maintenance of real-time software applications hosted on a broad-range of computing platforms. The candidate will be responsible for evaluating operational software and infrastructure problems and providing immediate solutions to restore service (providing on-call 24x7 emergency anomaly response). Responsibilities also include the integration and verification of new software baselines.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation assistance.
- Requires a BS (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics fields) with 3 years' experience with Linux OR 7 years' experience with Linux in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph and SSBI (updated within the last 4 years).
- Applicant must meet DOD 8570-1M requirements for commercial certification (e.g., A , Network and/or Security ) as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 or higher before starting employment. Applicants without an IAT Level 1 or 2 certification may still be eligible for a contingency offer.
- Experience integrating, testing and managing complex virtualized systems.
- Experience performing physical-to-virtual and virtual-to-virtual migrations.
- Strong Linux and VMware and vSphere skillsets.
- Experience with system hardening and security best practices.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top