Linux System Administrator
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows/Linux System Administrator to join our BWI Admin team. This position is located in Linthicum, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of Technology Services IT solutions group that supports development programs for our ES&CSO and Mission Systems sectors.
This position is responsible for applying technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows, Linux servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain a smooth operation of workstations while working with network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site
- Analyze internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems
- Develop customized solutions to customer/user problems
- Establish system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and software compatibility, and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing software and hardware solutions
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Perform weekly audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed. Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 6 years of System Administration experience; or Masters Degree and 4 years of System Administration experience; or an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 4 years of Linux System Administrator experience
- Red Hat Linux Certification
- Working knowledge of advanced Linux features including: clustering, LDAP, DNS, NFS
- 2 years' experience writing scripts with a scripting language such as sh, bash, awk and perl
- Familiarity with Linux file system types and volume management
- Active Collateral Secret Clearance within 5 year periodic review required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Able to perform under general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions
- US Citizenship is required
- Position is based in Linthicum, and no relocation assistance is available
- Limited Travel may be required (10%)
- DoD 8570 training and certifications Security certification
- Security Certification
- Network Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top