Link 16 Capability Verification Assessment Test Analyst (17-096)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking a Link 16 Capability Verification Assessment Test Analyst to be a member of the Colorado Springs Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization. As member of the Integration & Test (I&T) Functional Area of the Missile Defense National Team for Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) (aka MDNT), this position will be directly involved with the development, implementation, documentation, peer review processes and procedures to ensure compliance with government reporting guidelines, systems requirements documentation and military standards (MIL-STD 6016, 6020, 3011). This will involve conducting real-time and post-test data analysis and reporting, create test Discrepancy Reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues. Review and comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and coordinate development of plans for and conduct of anomaly test and analysis as required.
The candidate must possess the technical skills to evaluate software, algorithms and processes that enable the Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) to disseminate BMDS tracks to other BMDS Elements, US Forces, Allies, and Coalition partners via the BMDS communications network and Link-16 tactical communications networks. The candidate must also be able to individually plan and conduct tests, collect and analyze data from those tests, turn the data into performance characterization, and communicate results to test team members, test management, other program teams, and the customer through both presentations and formal test reports.
The candidate is expected to travel as needed but the majority of work will be conducted at Schriever AFB. Some non-standard work hours are possible intermittently.
- Position requires active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline, plus 9 years of experience; or Masters degree and 3 years; or Ph.D. and 0 years.
- Have significant experience and expertise with Link 16/TADIL-J and MIL-STD 6016.
- Ability to analyze and validate the performance and validity of tactical communication system data (using MIL-STD-6016, 6020, 3011-C) to specified system requirements.
- Hands-on experience with Tactical Data Links (TDL) Link 16, JREAP Protocols, SAT-J (J-Series Messages) plan and development of TDL test procedures, conduct testing and analysis, understanding of TDL requirements associated with Military Standards (MIL-STDs) 3011, 6011, 6016, 6020 series, and experience in TDL testing (Interoperability/Standards Conformance Testing)
- Functional capability related test/analysis planning and execution
- Analysis experience should involve
- characterizing system software, or component performance using quantitative methods
- Planning and execution of test data collection
- Test data analysis and reporting
- Reporting the characterization to subsequent users
- Contributing to performance assessment by program system engineers
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with BMDS elements or components, to include operational systems (e.g., Aegis, Patriot), and developmental systems (e.g., GMD, THAAD, SBX) in either a test or operational environment, statistical methods, to include covariance analysis
- Ability to manipulate large data sets
- Ability to format and content of BMDS track information from a variety of BMDS sensors
- Conducting post-processing and quantitative/qualitative analysis of collected data
- Development of action plans based upon analysis of data
- Documenting software deficiency reports, and presenting analysis results and plans of action orally and/or in written format (e.g., slides, annotated slides, test report document)
- Experience in software development or the development and use of software test and analysis tools
- Accurately represent test perspectives to C2BMC system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs
- Perform spreadsheet analysis and associated tools
- MATLAB, JAVA software or PYTHON scripting development
- PL/SQL queries
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top