Line Maintenance Mechanic 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aLine Maintenance Mechanic 4to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
- Dismantles, moves, assembles, installs, and repairs industrial machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, drawings, or verbal instructions.
- Dismantles equipment and machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools; moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks; assembles and installs equipment such as conveyors and tram rails using hand and power tools; constructs foundations; aligns machines; performs scheduled inspection and maintenance.
- Sets up and operates machine tools and fabrication machinery to rework or make new parts. Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- May redesign optical, vacuum,or mechanical systems for incorporation on existing manufacturing equipment.
- May estimate labor and equipment costs and prepare requisitions as required.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree and 6 years maintenance mechanic experience in manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability toperform mechanical installation, maintenance, and repair of CNC milling and turning machines, autoclaves, ovens, plating tank lines, degreasers, vacuum pumps, shop equipment, lab and test equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to workproductivelyindividually and/or as a team member.
- Good verbal and writing skills to make accurate notes and data entries.
- Ability to obtain and maintaina SSBI clearance
- Demonstrated ability to perform electronic and electromechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Successful technical crew lead experience in a fast paced aerospace environment.
- Active SSBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top