Liaison Mechanical Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Liaison Mechanical Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Palmdale location.
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy
- Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines
- Liaison Engineering: Provide dispositions for nonconforming parts and assemblies on the F-35 program as an engineering member of the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Requires the application of engineering principles and ingenuity to design engineering repairs and the ability to interface with all Northrop Grumman IPT teams in a professional manner
- Bachelors in a STEM discipline from an accredited institution and 5 years of aerospace engineering experience OR Masters degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years of aerospace engineering experience
- Must be able to design structural repair components using computer based modeling system such as CATIA V5
- Must be able to obtain & maintain DoD Secret clearance and all required security clearances and program specific accesses
- Must have a thorough understanding of airframe structure and design
- MRB signature authority for engineering as prescribe by ISO-9001 or equivalent
- Active, in scope DoD Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top