At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that affect people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman has an opening for either a Level 2 or Level 3 Contract Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals! This position will be located in San Diego, California with the option for an onsite or hybrid work environment and will support the MQ-4C Triton Production Program. The successful candidate will support proposal development, submissions and negotiations followed by supporting program execution by providing contractual interpretation and guidance. Candidate will have interface with the external customer, internal program management team, functional management, and senior leadership to provide contractual council and administrative support and analysis to meet program requirements. Must be highly productive in daily routine, and demonstrate good oral and written communications skills along with strong computer literacy.
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Processes specifications, progress, and other reports
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations
- Compiles and analyzes data
- Maintains historical information
Basic Qualifications for a level 2 Contract Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience in contracts management, contract administration, or a Master's degree with 1 year of related experience, or equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience in contracts management, contract administration, or a Master's degree with 4 years of related experience, or equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Aerospace and defense industry experience
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Prior experience supporting contracts consisting of complex production efforts
- Prior experience with a variety of contract types such as Cost Plus, Fixed Price, Fixed Price Incentive Fee, etc.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of FAR and DFARS
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary Range: $86,300 USD - $129,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.