Lead Electromechanical Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking an Lead Electromechanical Engineer 4 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Lead Electromechanical Engineer 4 to join the Electronics and Payloads' Product Engineering Department. The Product Engineering Department is an organization of ~100 engineers that performs advanced electronic packaging development in support of a variety of products destined for space and air programs. The responsibilities include mechanical design & analysis using computer-aided design (CAD), conducting packaging trades, tolerance and interference analyses, and generating drawing packages & associated electronic data.
- Coordinate amongst multiple disciplines to balance requirements
- Finalize the product design
- Support prototype and final hardware build & test
- Assist production personnel in the resolution of design or workmanship issues that arise during hardware build & test.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Electronic packaging, CAD and mechanical design experience in an aerospace environment
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills with experience leading a team of over 5 people
- Experience performing tolerance and interference analyses
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance and/or an SCI
- Experience with electronic packaging for airborne and space applications
- Electronics design development and sustaining experience spanning cradle to grave
- Experience with PTC Creo, Intralink and Enovia software applications
- Experience or knowledge of analytical / FEM SW tools
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- Proficiency with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- Familiarity with research and development of advanced packaging technologies
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret, and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top