Lead Cyber Systems Administrator
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking the Cyber Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Quantico, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of the Technical Services Division working on the MCCOG CND contract. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the system health for all managed systems:
Network Security Managers, IPS Sensors, Network Scanners and Security Information and Event Management systems (SEIM). The applicant will serve as a staff member on the Defensive Cyber Operations, Sensor Grid Support Section. The applicant that will maintain, enhance and optimize the IDS and IPS technologies that are currently deployed. Lead resolution and recovery efforts of cross-functional technicians and troubleshoot issues reported by proactive alarming or problem notifications reported by end-users. Analyze and ensure the resolution of technical and client problems while providing quality customer service. Evaluate and develop network and operational solutions to fulfill business requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all major incidents to ensure systems uptime and stability are maintained at the highest level
- Maintain a full understanding of the operational workload and review the work of shift technicians in order to oversee and recognize deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Track and manage all team projects and delegate tasks appropriately
- Maintain situational awareness of all operational issues, then correctly and accurately communicate that awareness across multiple levels of management and technical support groups.
- Accountable for status reporting, daily communications and meeting customer satisfaction requirements
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree. Note: Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- 10 years of experience managing cyber security systems at an enterprise level.
- Ability to become DCD 8570 compliant at an IAT Level
- Possess active/current TS/SCI clearance (or active within the past 2 years) with SCI eligibility
- Must be flexible to cover an alternative shift on occasion that may include extended shifts, weekends
- Advanced knowledge using any of the following CND tools: SIEM, IPS, Linux.
- A working knowledge of scripting concepts and familiarity with commonly used scripting languages.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top