LCS Class Technicians
Join Northrop Grumman and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. Northrop Grumman's Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Mission Package Integration (MPI) team is looking for LCS Class Technicians specializing on to join their maintenance and sustainment team in Mayport, FL. This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
The LCS Class Technicians will maintain, repair and operate equipment and machinery in support of the LCS MPI Program.
The LCS Class Technicians performs a variety of maintenance on and provides technical support for Mission Module equipment with travel to other Navy bases and deployed sites worldwide. Previous experience operating and maintaining main propulsion, auxiliary machinery, and diesel engines on US Navy/Coast Guard Vessels, Army Tanks and Army Corp of Engineers Landing Craft is required. Experience as Special Warfare Combatant-Craft (SWCC), Boatswain Mate, Engineman, Crewman will be considered. Applicable Navy/Coast Guard Ratings are: EN, HT, MM, BM, GSM/ GSE. Duties include:
- Analyzes and evaluates equipment relative to specified performance parameters.
- Performs hands-on scheduled maintenance on MM equipment.
- Performs hands-on corrective maintenance, to include fault isolation.
- Operates MM equipment, e.g., RIBs, when required.
- Installs and removes MM equipment on US Navy ships
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with customers/suppliers for technical and supply support.
- May provide flyaway maintenance and installation team support to various sites, both CONUS and OCONUS, when required
- Logistics support
Modules will include:
- 11m Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIB/RIB)
- RIB Trailers
- 30mm Gun Weapon Systems (GWS)
- Support Containers
- Supply Support
- 6 or more years of direct experience operating and maintaining Navy Small Craft and Gun Weapons Systems, main propulsion, auxiliary machinery, or diesel engines on US Navy/Coast Guard vessels, Army Tanks, SWCC, or Army Corp of Engineers Landing Crafts
- Applicable Navy/Coast Guard ratings are: EN, BM, HT, MM, GSM/GSE, GM, and other Navy rates with SWCC experience
- Experience with Navy Maintenance to include Ship's Maintenance and Material Management (3M), Preventative Maintenance, and Corrective Maintenance
- High School Diploma
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Secret Security Clearance
- Active US Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with 11m Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RIBs), RIB Trailers, 30mm Gun Weapons Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top