Laser Technician I
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Laser Tech I to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Apopka, FL.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Laser System team. The candidate will be part of a high performing environment. Responsibilities include integrating, testing, and troubleshooting laser and imaging technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.
- Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to follow written direction
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret data for reporting purposes
- Ability to use hand tools and perform in a cleanroom environment
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- BS, AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline (or 2 years
of laser tech experience in lieu of degree)
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with DoD environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top