Land Threat Planner/Simulation Operator and Controller Military Trainer 2
Provides consulting expertise to military or defense clients in the development and evaluation of military training and doctrine. May have specialized expertise in planning and executing some or all phases of military training exercises, including doctrinal development, scenario development, and after action review and analysis.
This position requires an ACTIVE SECRET level security clearance and must be able to obtain TS SCI clearance to even be considered. If you do NOT possess at least that first requirement, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY; as you will NOT be selected.
Work as a member of an NGTS team supporting the JS J7. The Land Threat Planner/Simulation Operator and Controller works in the Opposing Forces (OPFOR) section of the Operations Task Order. Qualified candidates must understand the use of tactics, techniques, and procedures and how to control opposing and situational forces in computer assisted joint training exercises. Current simulations include the Air Warfare Simulation (AWSIM), Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS), Joint Semi Automated Forces (JSAF), Joint Theater Level Simulation (JTLS), and JCATS Low Overhead Driver (JLOD). Will also maintain certification in specified simulations. Will assist in the accomplishment of training objectives for supported events by becoming knowledgeable in areas of the exercise control group, such as: scenario, event operational environment, Master Scenario Event List (MSEL), and Threat Concept of Operations. Conducts research on potential adversarial nation-states, non-state actors and other organizations posing a possible threat for U.S. and coalition partners.
The Operator / Controller will perform, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Prepare documents, (vignettes, test plans, and procedures) and conduct simulation event tests in support of the joint event life cycle.
- Develop and maintain proficiency as a land simulation operator and become a subject matter expert on simulations used for JS J7 training events.
- Serve as a Land Threat Planner supporting the conceptualization, development, and execution of computer-assisted joint exercises and rehearsals for JS J7 supported events.
- Be responsible for planning threat, opposing forces and situational forces ground concept of operations to include development of operational annexes, such as: Maneuver, Fires, Air Defense, Engineers, Aviation, and TBM (theater ballistic missile)
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- B.S./ B.A. with 3 years experience OR 7 years experience in lieu of degree
- Excellent and well-founded, written and oral communication skills are essential
- Must display position level appropriate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to develop plans, execute, assess, adjust, evaluate, and report with little supervision
- Requires ability to organize and complete assignments according to established standards regarding clarity, conciseness, style & terminology
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's Degree is a plus
- Five (5) years' experience in planning, operations, and conducting training for a service or joint/combined organization
- Joint Staff experience is highly desirable
- Graduate of an Intermediate Service School is preferred
- Hands-on experience with computer-assisted exercises is desired
- Combat Arms experience in either the Army or Marines is highly preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top