Lab Systems Test Engineer 1 - Air Vehicle
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a LabSystem Test Engineer1 Air Vehicle to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
A Lab System Test Engineer is responsible for integrating, testing, and verifying Vehicle Management System (VMS) and Fire Protection System (FPS) system level requirements in support of integration functional capability (IFC) certification.
- Perform technical Flight Controlsand System level air vehicle lab planning and verification for all system lab testing manual and automated, test equipment, and integration of the air vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, performing system level requirements traceability, decomposition, and developing derived requirements, developing test procedures, test cases, and test points, and executing the tests in the laboratory environment
- Develop test equipment and simulation requirements
- Develop Testability Requirements
- Support Systems Engineering to develop Verification Cross Reference Matrices
- Develop Test Planning Detail Sheets
- Develop Test Plans and Detailed Procedures
- Support Test Equipment Checkout and System Integration
- Support Test Execution as First Line Troubleshooter
- Perform as the hardware responsible engineer for the subsystem under test
- Perform technical interactions with the system test team to ensure system requirements are being verified
- Write Test Reports
- Support troubleshooting of issues discovered during subsystem and system level testing
- This position will be reporting to the Lab System Test Air Vehicle Lead
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with air vehicle subsystems via labs, ground, or flight testing
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Experience in several of the following areas: Vehicle Management Computer (VMC), Vehicle Management Systems (VMS), Sensors, Avionics, hardware, Integration, and/or Test
- Test experience related to Flight Controls and/or Vehicle Management Systems
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhDdegree in Electrical Engineering orComputer Engineering
- Design and Systems Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Air Vehicle Subsystems, Avionics, Lab Test, or Flight Test
- Familiarity with aircraft and missile guidance algorithms
- Knowledge of static and dynamic stability and flight dynamics modeling
- Relevant experience and be able to demonstrate ability to develop GNC solutions for relevant systems
- Demonstrate a firm background in guidance, navigation and control (GNC)
- Knowledge of the following tools, DOORS®, ViTech CORE, Fundamentals of Systems Engineering, VISIO®, CPLM, and Automated Testing (Python, C++, Java).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top