Knowledge Center Technician
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a Knowledge Center Technician. This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Knowledge Center (KC) Technician will serve as the single point of contact for customer service support DSS' portfolio of mission applications. The Knowledge Center Technician is responsible for account management and serves as initial point of contact for internal and external customers accessing DSS mission applications. The KC Tech is responsible for opening service request tickets, escalating (if required), and first call resolution.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide onsite support to operate and maintain the DSS Knowledge Center.
- Update and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures for the DSS Knowledge Center.
- Provide user account administration and creation, assistance with user registration, and respond to user account requests.
- Respond, troubleshoot, and resolve technical user account errors/issues.
- Document, track, and analyze customer service requests and provide status reports.
- Recommend and implement technical and/or management capabilities that improve the Knowledge Center's operational effectiveness.
- Provide user training and knowledge transfer as required.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience. Note: 5 years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree
- Basic understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other technology products
- Excellent Customer Service skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly assess the user's situation, resolve, capture and document details during the call to facilitate issue escalation, tracking, and reporting.
- Experience working as a member of a team with the ability to share knowledge and help colleagues for the overall benefit of the service
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-organizationally with a team that includes DoD military personnel, civilians and contractors.
- Familiar with Remedy BMC and/or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Extensive experience using Remedy BMC and SharePoint
- CompTIA Security CE certification
- Active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- ITILv3 Foundations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top