Knowledge Center (KC) Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a Knowledge Center Lead. This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Knowledge Center (KC) Lead will serve as the single point of contact for customer service support DSS' portfolio of mission applications. Knowledge Center Lead is responsible for ensuring account management and initial point of contact for internal and external customers accessing DSS mission applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide onsite support to operate, maintain and lead DSS Knowledge Center activities.
- Update and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures for the DSS Knowledge Center.
- Ensure user account administration and creation, assistance with user registration, and respond to user account requests.
- Respond, troubleshoot, and resolve technical user account errors/issues.
- Document, track, and analyze customer service requests and provide status reports.
- Document and track call metrics, service request/resolutions, and analyze trends to implement measures that prevent recurring problems and improve customer experience.
- Recommend and implement technical and/or management capabilities that improve the Knowledge Center's operational effectiveness.
- Integrate approved data and systems
- Provide user training and knowledge transfer as required.
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- 4 additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Proven success manager an enterprise level IT service desk/call/knowledge center
- Strong understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other technology products
- Excellent Customer Service skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly assess the user's situation, resolve, capture and document details during the call to facilitate issue escalation, tracking, and reporting.
- Experience working as a member of a team with the ability to share knowledge and help colleagues for the overall benefit of the service
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-organizationally with a team that includes DoD military personnel, civilians and contractors.
- Familiar with Remedy BMC and/or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Active/current DoD Secret Clearance
- Extensive experience using Remedy BMC and SharePoint
- CompTIA Security CE certification
- ITILv3 Foundations
- Active/current Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top