KBSC WAN Network Communications Technician - South Korea
Perform as Network Communication Technician in support of the Korea Battle Simulation Center (KBSC) Wide Area Network (WAN) program on-site in Seoul, Korea. Responsibilities of the position include the following tasks:
- Configure and install all equipment required to support assigned remote sites
- Prepare and configure all equipment on the KBSC Training and Exercise Network (KTEN) prior to deploying equipment to remote sites
- Ensure all remote sites are operational by published deployment orders
- Provide troubleshooting support for all remote sites assisting with the restoral of all circuit and service degradations or outages
- Assist with maintenance actions required to support all network equipment supporting the KTEN
- Provide input and assistance to projects integrating new technologies or equipment to the KTEN
- Clearly communicate with management, team members and contractors.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years IT management experience or 5 Years IT management experience
- Knowledge of IT security policies and procedures
- Must be able to obtain a US SECRET security clearance
- Experience with large infrastructure networks
- Experience with network/IT security in a government based secure environment
- Experience with enterprise wide implementations
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment to include routers, switches, call managers, and TACACS
- Experience with encryption technologies specifically KG-175As and KG175Ds
- Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP routing protocols
- Experience with Solarwinds
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top