Junior Engineering Production Planner/Scheduler - Secret Clearance Required
Title: Prod Plng and Scheduler 2
Company: Northrop Grumman Corporation
Location: Palmdale, CA
Travel Required: Yes, up to 25%
Relocation Assistance-eligible: Relocation assistance may be available
Type: Fulltime, Direct-hire, Salaried, Exempt
Shift: 1st Shift, condensed 4/10 shift schedule (every Friday off)
Level: Jr./Mid (3 Years' experience with Bachelors; 1 Year exp. with Masters)
Security Clearance Required/Type: Yes, Final DoD Secret
Clearance Required to Start/Type: Yes, Final DoD Secret
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and will for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future (and have a lot of fun along the way!). Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is hiring a Jr.-Level Production Planner and Scheduler to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
As an Engineering Planner and Scheduler you will support program hardware and software procurement by researching pricing information and gathering quotes, and entering items that are listed on engineering drawing's Bill Of Materials (BOMs) into Engineering Property System (EPS), so that buyers can issue Purchase Orders. You will manage various forms and waiver processes, such as Single Sole Source Justification (SSJ), IT Waivers forms and Chemical Review Surveys. You will help ensure all hardware/software deliveries align with the schedule of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). You will work closely with customers and continuously provide status summaries, attend meetings, and demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
As a level 2, you will be expected to possess a general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards, and be able to perform moderately complex professional tasks. You will be expected to works under only very general supervision.
You will be expected to be able to work extra hours and/or days when required.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- Works closely with engineering stockroom personnel and provides support when required.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited school (or higher completed level of education)
- 3 years' professional experience in area(s) of manufacturing/engineering planning and scheduling, expediting, procurement, purchasing, logistics or property administration (Master's Degree can satisfy 2 years of experience requirement)
- Active or current DoD Secret Clearance (Current = Clearance awarded within 10 years and inactive for less than 24 months)
- Professional proficiency with MS Office Suite applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and property-related electronic tools and business applications
- Active or current DoD Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Manufacturing engineering scheduling planning scheduling planner scheduler purchasing purchaser expeditor procurement parts inventory equipment shipping receiving property management logistics military army navy air force marines DoD defense government secret sap sar ts sci ts/sci special access security clearance aircraft airplane aerospace aero space aero-space purchase orders material
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top