JTAGS Information Assurance Security Administrator
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Information Assurance Security Administrator for the Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS). Candidate will maintain the operation of a UNIX/LINUX multi-use system for end users, including hardware and software configurations, networking devices, installation of UNIX/Linux OS and application software.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Setting up systems and user accounts, maintaining documentation, installing UNIX/Linux software and patches, troubleshooting of systems and network configurations.
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6-3), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Bachelors degree in IT or similar field with 5 years of work related experience, or 9 years in lieu of a degree
- 5-8 years experience as a UNIX/Linux system administrator or closely related field.
- Familiarity with UNIX OS, CISCO routers/switches/firewalls, Linux OS, SGI, Windows PC platforms, RAID/NAS platforms, Firewall appliances, Intrusion Detection devices, Windows Server 2003 using Active Directory, ACAS, and SCAP.
- Familiar with DISA STIGs, DoD IA activities, and ACAS (Security Center)
- U.S Citizenship is required.
- Current IAT II or III level certification IAW 8570.01-M (Security , CISSP, etc.)
- Candidate must have a minimum of an active Secret security clearance, within last 2 years, and a current background investigation in the last 5 years.
- Applicant selected will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be physically able to travel both short and long term in support of domestic and foreign sites.
- Must be able to work overtime periodically and support testing on multiple shifts as well as be on-call and respond to customer support calls during the non-duty hours.
- Must be able to work on a military installation.
- Candidate will be required to work off-shift hours as needed. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
- Applicant must possess strong organizational skills, excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with Northrop Grumman Corporation Engineering and Management as well as Military customer.
- CCNA, NetAPP NAS, IRIX, PERL, and software scripting a plus.
- Satellite operations and military communications systems experience a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top