JRDC EM&S Cyber-Security Engineering Manager 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager Level 2 Cyber-security Engineering position in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) function for our Joint National Integration Center Research and Development Contract (JRDC) program at the Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs location. The selected candidate will be responsible performing cyber engineering activities on the contract in addition to the leadership and management of a team of cyber engineers within the JRDC SEIT Functional Organization supporting multiple task orders. This role encompasses team leadership, management, and technical performance.
- Execute JRDC contract cyber-security engineering efforts
- Functional oversight for a team of cyber-security engineers working multiple task orders and initiatives across the JRDC and any follow-on contracts as well as new business growth opportunities.
- Support contract efforts for tailoring and adherence to standard SEIT and cyber-security engineering processes
- Staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs; management and execution of employee performance review processes; and leadership and execution for a multitude of functional management processes.
- Recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for contractors working in the business area as required.
- Issue identification/reporting as well as status reporting up the EM&S and program chains.
- EM&S staff and integration support to the JRDC and follow-on Program Manager and leadership team to meet program contractual objectives.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of employee engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
This candidate will demonstrate an understanding of interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He / she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across JRDC business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with directors and managers across JRDC and with EM&S managers within JRDC and external to the program. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
Minimal travel is expected.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 7 years' related experience in an aerospace or defense oriented engineering environment.
- Meet DoD 8570 certification requirements of at least IAT Level III
- Experience in at least several phases of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing
- Experience in the execution of cyber-security engineering tasks in support of the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- An understanding of the applied leadership behaviors that produce high employee engagement levels
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and hold an active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Prior functional management experience, especially in a Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test and/or cyber-security engineering role.
- Knowledge and working experience with the DoD Missile Defense Agency (MDA) mission.
- Experience with direct customer interface management and/or leading in multi-contractor team environments, especially for the MDA customer.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top