Joint Force Development Program Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
We are looking for a Program Manager to manage our Joint Force Development contract supporting the Joint Staff J7. The desired individual will have extensive management experience along with strong experience with Joint service organizations, operations and joint event training. The position will be located in Suffolk, VA. Some travel may be required, but is not expected to exceed 10%.
- Manage all program activities, leading program reviews with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinate the preparation of business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Identify/develop new business with the customer.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identify program issues and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas.
- Serve as the primary interface to senior government personnel.
- Serve as a key interface to Northrop Grumman executive leadership, including facilitating reach back to other parts of Northrop Grumman possessing skills, technologies, or expertise beneficial to the program.
- Bachelor's degree with at least seven (7) years related experience performing a similar type services as a site manager job.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must possess strong leadership and management skills including but not limited to: excellent people skills, sound judgment, ability to manage with minimal direction, flexibility, and work well in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrated experience with joint and service doctrine, to include combat, combat support and combat service support operations.
- Demonstrated experience with combat, combat support and or service support organizations, operations and exercises for fleet, battle groups, numbered air Forces, corps and divisions.
- Demonstrated experience with Joint organizations, operations, and tier I and tier II training events at the COCOM or JTF HQ level.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of scenarios for conducting joint event training.
- Extensive actual knowledge of and experience serving on service and joint/combined staffs and their organization, function and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in the compilation and presentation, in both written and oral formats, of lessons learned and After Action Review (AAR) materials.
- Experience/knowledge in Government contracting.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills of groups of 100 or more.
- Strong technical writing, communication, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Current customer intimacy with Joint Staff
- Recent experience working at the Joint Staff J7
- Demonstrated experience in the conduct of post-exercise effectiveness analysis and evaluations
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and conduct of seminars, study groups and map exercises for general officers and senior field grade officers
- Demonstrated experience with IDIQ vehicles
- Working level familiarity with a variety of contract types (CPIF, CPFF, FFP, FFIP)
- Proven experience in managing multiple subcontracts
- Proven experience in managing geographically separated teams
- Demonstrated success in capturing new business in current and adjacent markets
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university to include a Service War College or Command & Staff College with at least five (5) years related experience or
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top