Java Software Engineer - 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Java Software Engineer2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will develop Java applications for various aircraft / flight and ground systems.
- Candidate will be have experience with object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
- Familiar with developing enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
- Will be working in a process-oriented software development environment and will have experience across the software lifecycle
- Must understand unit testing, including path, line, and bound coverage
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 2 years of software engineering experienceor Masters degree in a STEM discipline with no experience
- Direct experience developing Java applications
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance to start
- The ability to obtain and maintain program access
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Back to top