Java Software Developer 3 - Software Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to join our team of qualified individuals to provide technical expertise in design, development, deployment, and maintenance of software applications. This position requires a highly motivated, self-reliant team player who is comfortable with managing multiple tasks and responsibilities. This position will be located in Springfield, VA.
- Implementation Support - Design, plan, and set up applications and storage in a Unix/Linux and Windows NetApp SAN environment (disk layout, RAID levels, etc.) to ensure performance and data availability.
- Application Maintenance – Apply required updates and patches.
- Performance Management - Monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide reports to support metrics collection.
- Help Desk Assistance – Address help desk requests for incident resolution, problem determination, and root cause analysis of applications issues causing outage or performance degradation.
- Operations Support – Available for occasional off-hours support.
Some Local travel to customer sites may be required.
- Position requires the individual to pass a CBP background investigation which requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with 5 years of experience. A Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of related experience is also acceptable.
- 3-5 years development experience with the Java technology stack including the persistence, business, and persistence tiers.
- 2 years' experience with SQL programming.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and debug web-based applications.
- Experience with Linux OS, and shell scripting.
- Demonstrated skills in solving problems and able to work collaboratively within a team or independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 1 year experience supporting Oracle application and database environments.
- Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.
- Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top