Java Skill Center Lead - Mgr Software Development 2
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified team leaders to drive forward the Java Development Skill Centers supporting the PSPD program. The Java Development Center Lead will oversee and support the efforts of team members supporting multiple concurrent large and complex projects. Team members' expertise in this domain includes CBP system and mission knowledge, Java enterprise development, front-end web development, server coding, build management, and system deployment and support of operational applications.
The Skill Center Lead will collaborate with technical leads and other skill center leads to assist Java development staff by providing strategic vision and guidance. The lead will monitor staff's work assignments and coordinate adjustments with project leads. The Skill Center Lead will have formal individual performance discussions with the staff twice a year as well as more frequent discussions on individual goals and career growth and development.
In addition to providing functional leadership, the role will provide hands on project support at a senior development level. The duties of the project role include research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software development deployment as well as responsibility for meeting software compliance standards. The project role will also evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system and document testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role will work directly on an Agile Project Team requiring hands on technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies:
- Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions
- Java frameworks, including Swing, Spring, and/or Struts
- Oracle Database technologies
- Web Application hosting on WebLogic
- Angular JS/Angular 2 and other Front End Technologies
- Management of direct reports/project staff, i.e. timesheet approval, performance review, career guidance and coaching
- Interface regularly with customer, potentially
- Work with Skill Center Manager to engage development staff and create a collaborative work environment
- Collaborate with other center leads to organize inclusion activities
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites will be required.
- 5 Years' of related experience in a management role with a Bachelors in Science; 4 Years with Masters
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff and customers to solve complex issues
- Must be a team player, motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
- Must have or be able to obtain DHS/CBP security clearance
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and documentation skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is required.
- Experience with Java software development is required, including Enterprise Java and Java Frameworks (Spring / Struts / Swing)
- Experience with front-end thick-client and thin-client technologies is required
- Experience designing and developing large and complex technical solutions is required.
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset, including JIRA and Confluence is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Prior experience with CBP
- Certified ScrumMaster, Agile Professional or equivalent
- Ability to develop individual and group training plans based on program specific needs and industry trends
- Candidates with Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top