Java Engineer 2
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Java Developers with a background in full lifecycle software development. This position will be part of an agile development team performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses across large and complex systems and projects.
- Knowledge of project planning tools such as Microsoft Project
- Familiarity Atlassian toolsets, including JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff
- Must be a team player, self motivated, self starter and a quick learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Strong customer service experience
This role will require hands on technical skills, with exposure to developing using one or more of the following technologies
- Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions
- Java frameworks, including Swing, Spring, and/or Struts
- Oracle Database technologies
- Web Application hosting on WebLogic
- Mainframe / Cobol / Datacomm technologies
- ETL toolsets, including Informatica
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required.
- Must have an active or able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
- Prior experience with CBP desired.
2 Years of Java and J2EE, with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters
Must have an active or able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance
Experience with CBP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top