Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Java Developer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in St. Louis MO.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicants will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Service Program. This program provides USPS Information Technology with professional, technical and support services to support the application development, database production support, help desk administration, LAN administration and various requirements for distributed technical support throughout the USPS enterprise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform multiple enhancements and upgrades to the current system.
- Perform analysis and design on multi-tier architecture - Linux/Unix and Windows OS.
- Perform java development on multiple tiers in both Windows and Linux/Unix environments
Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors' Degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering, Business (or related field of study) and a minimum of 5 years' of directly related work experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree
- 2 - 3 years current experience with Hibernate
- 2 - 3 years current experience with Spring framework.
- 2 - 3 years WebSphere or Eclipse IDE
- Experience with JUNIT testing
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, XML, and WSDL
- Must also have excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English Language to communicate with employees, customers, supplers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- A general working understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts is preferred. Ability to demonstrate critical thinking required to solve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in network design ,network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Demonstrated knowledge in SQL database query and reporting.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance (US Citizenship or Green Card status required) Must not have travelled outside of the US for a combined period of 6 months (or longer) within the last 5 years
- Experience with Oracle database (version10g or higher) i.e. PL/SQL, developing stored procedures
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top