Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will provide will provide leadership in the application of mobile, web, and Java/JEE technologies and will focus on delivering high quality enterprise and mobile applications as part of a development team. The Senior Java Developer is expected to participate in the full software development lifecycle from requirements and development to testing and support. In addition to performing software development, this person is expected to participate in architecture, design, estimation, and testing efforts. Delivering and maintaining software design and development projects using Java/Java Enterprise technologies.
- Responsible for the architecture and technology of existing products. In particular custom frameworks and security subsystems.
- Maintaining web services development, integration and web and application servers (Tomcat, Jboss, Apache, mod-proxy, mod-security, etc.)
- Ability to leverage technology to recommend technical solutions to the Customer.
- Responsible for object-oriented design and development skills with appropriate use of design patterns.
- Develop and validate documentation for system and software requirements
- Design and develop reports and data visualizations using BIRT
- Responsible for the interoperability between .Net and Java through web services.
- Develop and test application and integration of functionality as needed to ensure compliance with CDC and HHS standards.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related fields a minimum of 9 years of experience
- 6 years of software development experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Web-based UI design and development
- Experience with Responsive UI development using Bootstrap and related technologies
- Knowledge of and experience with Web Services technologies and standards including REST, JSON, SOAP, XML/XSLT
- Extensive knowledge of and experience programming with Java and Java 8
- Knowledge of and experience architecting and developing JEE Applications
- Experience applying advanced OOA/OOD techniques
- Experience with persistence technologies and frameworks including JPA and Hibernate
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL and RDBMS development
- Experience with Agile or other iterative development methodologies
- Excellent architecture and design skills
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's degree in computer science, information or related fields with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with React, Redux, JQuery, and related technologies
- Experience developing native mobile applications including iOS and Android
- Knowledge of and experience with Node.js
- Understanding of JEE architecture and design patterns
- Experience with commercial databases including Oracle DBMS or MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of and experience with OOA/OOD techniques
- Experience with Cloud architecture and deployment including AWS and Azure
- Experience with health data exchange (HL7, LOINC, SNOMED, etc.)
- Experience in Public Health or healthcare industry
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top