Java Developer 4 (Sr.) Ability to obtain clearance
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector/ Integrated Intelligence business unit is seeking a Senior level Java Developer for a program that provides large scale development, testing, deployment and O&M for the intelligence community. The successful candidate will take part in a full life cycle development of components using COTS, GOTS, and various in-house applications. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall design and creation of web-based and other software applications and must possess excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Support the implementation of Amazon Commercial Cloud environment and the standup of applications in that environment
- Conduct/participate in multidisciplinary planning, design, and development of complex, software systems, applications and/or databases, including web applications, layout, and user interfaces.
- May support the transition data from legacy systems to new database structures. Ensures the new application can access data that has been transitioned to the new database structure.
- Perform corrective, adaptive, and software maintenance on the software baseline.
- Ensure software compliance standards are met.
- Develop supporting technical documentation including requirements and design documents and end user operational instructions.
This position is located in Fairfax, VA.
A minimum of 9 years of experience is required with a Bachelors degree, 7 years with a Masters degree, 9 years with a PhD, or 13 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Software development experience working complex application development projects.
Java development experience
Candidate must be comfortable developing in a Linux environment
Candidate must be comfortable presenting technical material in a group setting.
Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and present technical approaches and findings.
Ability to work in a team environment with frequent customer contact.
Knowledge or experience with Cloud computing technologies and environments – Amazon Web Services.
Experience with Search Tools (Elasticsearch or Solr).
Experience with AgileCraft
Experience with Python, Ruby/Rails, Scripting (i.e. Bash, Sh, CSH)
Experience building RESTful web services
Experience with Subversion, and/or GIT
Experience migrating data from legacy systems (extract-transform-load)
Experience integrating COTS and Open Source Applications.
Experience with Intelligence Community missions and systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top