Java Developer 2/3
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Java Developer to support the DSS program as a member of the Application Support team. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Java Developer will support application sustainment support for all DSS' planned and existing portfolio of applications. Ensure seamless transition, reliability, and availability for enterprise IT applications
- Implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements
- Perform software maintenance (e.g., adaptive, preventive, corrective, bug fixes).
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Perform lifecycle maintenance and application upgrades.
- Recommend solutions and implement Government-approved changes to resolve issues.
- Maintain active listing of software and hardware licenses.
- Provide IA system validation and assessments.
- Maintain DSS accreditations; ensure current and accurate artifacts are uploaded to the DOD repository (eMASS).
- Adhere to established application performance baselines in accordance with DSS\DOD standards.
- Identify critical issues that would prevent the application from being released into the production environment.
- Ensure application STIG compliancy.
- Support troubleshooting issues or outages that affect the performance of applications.
- Integrate approved data and systems with the DSS Integrated Operational Dashboard.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Basic Qualifications for a Java Developer 2:
- 2 years hands-on Software development experience with Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Software Development or other related STEM degree (0 years with a Master's)
- Previous experience in Java Development
- Familiarity with Java GUI frameworks
- Experience in the following: installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, problem diagnosis and resolution
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented (OO) Design and Coding
- Proven understanding of Model-View-Controller (MVC) programming model
- Understanding of all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) participating in the design/development/deployment of mission critical software
- IAT-II or III IA Baseline Certification (SEC , CISSP or equivalent)
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- An applicable computing environment certification (Java or other programing certification)
Basic Qualifications for a Java Developer 3 are the same as listed above but require a Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with at least 5 years of experience (3 with a Master's)
- Experience with the following technical skills:
- Technologies: J2EE, JSP, JDBC, Struts, Ibatis
- Experience designing & building software in a DoD environment; building systems that comply with IA controls; in an agile development environment
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Play and Spark
- Web service development experience using SOAP/XML
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top