IT Systems Engineer (Principal Level)
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman IT Solutions System Engineering team is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will report to the Manager of Systems Engineering and will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will interface and lead technical discussions with management, project managers, enterprise architects, technical specialists and the customer on a regular basis. The system engineer is the technical lead responsible for the project's overall system design.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels to include: concept/scope, requirements, design, verification and validation, and transition to production. Performs functional and schedules analysis, trade studies, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements, taking into consideration technical, schedule and cost constraints into optimal solutions for our customers.
The selected candidate will possess good interpersonal, communications and leadership skills and must be able to clearly articulate analysis results to colleagues, management, and customers. This candidate must integrate easily into a close knit team environment.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
Design and Structure
• Determine high level business requirements in conjunction with customer and manage specifications throughout the systems lifecycle
• Conduct requirements elicitation, definition, systems analysis and design
• Architect definition, interface and context diagram documentation
• Identify compute and storage requirements to support customer
• Provide and verify installation diagrams or models for compute and storage facilities
• Provide As-Is and To-Be technical designs and assessments, perform Gap analysis
• Identify technology roadmaps to reduce program execution costs (as needed)
• Define Disaster and Recovery requirements and implementation (as needed)
• Develop feasibility, rough order of magnitude (ROM) & committed pricing estimates including detailed basis of estimates
• Create scope, technical requirements, architecture, and design documents
• Provide solution alternatives for technical Trade Studies
• Present and participate as an acting member of proposal review boards (as requested by management)
Implementation and Execution
• Establish test plans, requirements traceability & transition to production artifacts
• Ensure system validation is performed against requirements
• Execute on system design for Data Center Architecture & Design
• Execute on system design for Network Architecture & Design to include supplier integration, extranet design and implementation
• Execute on system design for application and data Integration design & architecture
• Execute on security technologies to ensure policy compliance
• Manage and track status of projects, metrics, schedules and prepare status reports; and ensure remediation and ongoing compliance goals are met
• Provide technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses PLM, ERP and manufacturing
• As unique requirements are requested, ensure architecture and design alignment with standards & strategic direction and educate our customer on reasons for aligning to these standards
• Operate as SME for technical management, change management, risk management, and to operations management for our customers
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Active DOD collateral secret clearance required
• Bachelor's degree with 5 years of IT Project Management, System Engineering or related experience; 3 years or experience with a related Masters; or 0 years with PHD. Appropriate combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
Familiarity with one or more of the following:
o UNIX/LINUX, Windows
o Red Hat/CentOS 5x, 6x & 7x
o Ubuntu 14.04,16.04,18.04
o Lubuntu 16.04
o Debian 9.4 and 9.6
o Windows (7, 10 / SVR 08, 12, 16)
o SharePoint 2010, 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013
o VMWare Workstation Pro 14, 15, Oracle VirtualBox
o MySQL, MSSQL
o Apache, Microsoft IIS (6, 8)
o Media Wiki, Word Press
o Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
o DNS, TCP/IP, FTP, SSH
• Ability to travel at least 10%
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Must be able to obtain DOD Top Secret security clearance within two years
• At least 3 years of experience with CAMEO, Rhapsody, Systems Architect, PTC Integrity or other similar COTS packages
• Familiarity with IT Solutions IEPG process or equivalent SDLC processes as well as with ITIL, Agile-SCRUM, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), NGC security requirements, services and enterprise solutions
• Familiarity with IEEE 15288, 12207 or equivalent SDLC processes as well as with ITIL, Agile-SCRUM, NGC security requirements, services and enterprise solutions
• Technical Experience with SAP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter Enterprise, Mobile Applications, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions
• Prior experience supporting various classified environments and meeting government and security requirements including SAP, JSIG, JAFAN 6/3, STIG, RMF, ICD 705 and DFARS.
• Experience with designing International IT systems and infrastructure including understanding of import, export, ITAR regulations, and other compliance considerations
• Successful experiences in delivering solutions to program, commercial, and government clients.
• Skillsets need to demonstrate technical, analytical, problem-solving abilities for computer systems and network infrastructures
• Knowledge of two or more of the following technical domains: software, IT infrastructure, network, security, business analytics, mobility, virtualization, cloud technologies
• Strong leadership, team building, and team partnering skills; excellent written and oral communications skills; emphasis on drawing, modeling and communicating systems engineering
• Must be able to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts; expected to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
• Candidates must have ability to provide total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components for a project
• Qualified candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top