IT Systems Engineer, GBSD (Principal)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's IT Solutions team is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Roy, UT
Candidate will interface and lead technical discussions with management, project managers, enterprise architects, technical specialists and the customer on a regular basis. SE is the technical lead responsible for the project's overall system design.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels to include: concept/scope, requirements, design, verification and validation, and transition to production. Performs functional and schedule analysis, trade studies, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements, taking into consideration technical, schedule and cost constraints into optimal solutions for our customers.
The successful candidate will possess good interpersonal, communications and leadership skills and must be able to clearly articulate analysis results to colleagues, management, and customers. This candidate must integrate easily into a close knit team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Determine high level business requirements in conjunction with customer and manage requirements throughout the lifecycle
• Conduct requirements elicitation, definition, systems analysis and design
• Architecture definition, interface and context diagram documentation, identify compute and storage requirements to support customer
• As required, develop feasibility, ROM & Committed pricing estimates including detailed basis of estimate
• Create scope, technical requirements, architecture & design documents
• Establish test plans, requirements traceability & transition to production artifacts
• Ensure system validation is performed against requirements
• Support providing solution alternatives for technical Trade Studies
• Support Data Center Architecture & Design and implementation
• Support Network Architecture & Design to include supplier integration, extranet design and implementation
• Support Application and data Integration design & architecture
• Provide Systems Engineering support for PLM, ERP and manufacturing
• Assist in identifying technology roadmaps to reduce program execution costs
• Support defining Disaster and Recovery requirements and implementation
• Implement security technologies to ensure policy compliance
• Provide and verify installation diagrams or models for compute and storage facilities
• As required, support proposal efforts for program IT support including technical and cost estimations, present proposal review boards.
• Ensure architecture and design alignment with standards & strategic direction
• Provide As-Is and To-Be technical assessments and perform Gap analysis
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Requires 5 years with a BS; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD (Appropriate combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree)
• Broad knowledge of two or more of the following technical domains:
• Application development and lifecycle management
• ERP, Manufacturing and/or PLM
• DevSecOps or agile software development
• Database design, modeling and management and Business Analytics
• Data Center designs and solutions, including on-premises and co-location solutions.
• Data center infrastructure including server hardware, storage, backup technologies, networks;
• Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Operating Systems and application software including supporting database technologies;
• Server / storage / networking / client virtualization solutions;
• Software as a service; Cloud technologies including external public and private cloud solutions as well as on-premises solutions
• Information Management, Analytics
• Information Security, JSIG or RMF
• Demonstrated leadership and team building skills; excellent written and oral communications skills, with emphasis on drawing, modeling and communicating systems engineering
• Must be able to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts; expected to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
• Candidates must have ability to provide total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components for a project
• Qualified candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to travel at least 25%
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret or higher security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Active DOD Secret or higher security clearance or Active DOD within the last 24 months
• Be able to obtain DOD Top Secret security clearance
• Familiarity with the Systems Engineering "V" and all phases of its lifecycle
• At least 3 years of experience CAMEO, Rhapsody, Systems Architect, PTC Integrity or other similar COTS packages
• Familiarity with IEEE 15288, 12207 or equivalent SDLC processes as well as with ITIL, Agile-SCRUM, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), NGC security requirements, services and enterprise solutions
• Technical Experience with MBSE, SAP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter Enterprise, Mobile Applications, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions
• Prior experience supporting various classified environments and meeting government and security requirements including SAP, JSIG, JAFAN 6/3, STIG, RMF, ICD 705 and DFARS.
• Experience with designing International IT systems and infrastructure including understanding of import, export and ITAR regulations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top