IT Service Desk Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an IT Service Desk Knowledge Center Manager to support DSS' Customer Support team. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The IT Service Desk Manager will lead a team providing a single point of contact for customer service support DSS' portfolio of mission applications and enterprise IT related support. The SD receives services requests through all accessible communication channels and utilizes an enterprise ticket management system (Remedy) to track and monitor service requests.
- Lead a team providing first point of contact Service Desk for all service requests
- Ensure account management and serves as initial point of contact for internal and external customers accessing DSS mission applications.
- Ensure proper response, prioritization, and coordination to resolution of service requests residing on all DSS networks.
- Ensure coordination to resolve service requests with technicians located across a geographically distributed network infrastructure.
- Ensure timely service request acknowledgement, problem identification, escalation, resolution and closure for all service requests. Response to service requests shall be based on prioritization level and service level agreements (e.g., VIP, Mission Impact, etc.).
- Ensure requests are serviced through all accessible communication channels and utilizes an enterprise ticket management system (Remedy) to track and monitor service requests.
- Ensure accurate status of service requests for users via self-accessible portal or through direct communication.
- Ensure team provide end-user account administration services (add/change/remove) and password resets.
- Ensure team provides desk side support to resolve customer service requests.
- Support coordinated escalation effort of service requests to third parties, such as hardware and software suppliers, other third-party contractors, and other DSS internal technical support.
- Ensure all Service Desk standard operation procedure are maintained and up-to-date.
- Ensure proper documentation and tracking of call metrics, service request/resolutions, and analyze trends to implement measures that prevent recurring problems and improve customer satisfaction.
- Provide situational awareness throughout DSS on IT-related issues impacting the enterprise.
- Support continually enhance a self-service capability for users to resolve issues.
- Support weekly status report on all call and service metrics.
- Provide customer service satisfaction measurements (e.g., surveys)
- Provide user training and knowledge transfer as required.
- Maintain call-in responsibility in the event of building closure.
- 9 Years with Bachelors; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. Four (4) additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven success managing an enterprise level IT service desk
- Excellent Customer Service skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly assess the user's situation, resolve, capture and document details during the call to facilitate issue escalation, tracking, and reporting.
- Experience working as a member of a team with the ability to share knowledge and help colleagues for the overall benefit of the service
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-organizationally with a team that includes DoD military personnel, civilians and contractors.
- CompTIA Security CE certification
- Active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- HDI-SCA certification
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community
- Experience using Remedy BMC and Microsoft SharePoint
- ITILv3 Foundations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top