I&T Mechanical Technician 2
- Chandler, AZ
The selected candidate will work as a Mechanical and Manufacturing technician on the integration of Northrop Grumman Spacecraft as assigned and must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. The candidate will acquire necessary skills on-the-job under the tutelage of principal level technicians and engineers. The candidate should be able to support mechanical leads and engineers with the installation of extremely fragile space hardware onto space vehicles and additionally have the ability to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and suggest solutions to engineering for review . The desired candidate should have leadership skills, organizational skills, personal skills, and a strong follow-through "can do" attitude. The selected candidate will be required to support spacecraft and spacecraft subsystem assembly and test. Manufacturing experience and certifications with flight wire harnessing, flight soldering, and epoxy bonding/application required. Experience with MLI - Thermal Blanket installation desired. In addition, the selected candidate must be flexible with work schedules, willing and able to work off shifts, weekends, overtime, and travel for launch campaigns. Occasional short term projects with travel may be required.
The selected candidate should possess the following skills:
- The candidate must be a U.S Citizen and shall possess technical training equivalent to an Associate Degree or a minimum of 4 years of related experience as a Mechanical or Manufacturing technician or equivalent
- Understanding of Clean Room requirements, Hazardous Material Handling, Hazardous Operations protocols, and related operational protocols.
- The ability to support and maintain work areas up to company ESD, FOD and 5S standards.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of hand tools and mechanical equipment with the ability to read, interpret, and execute work to mechanical assembly drawings, wire lists and BOM's.
- The ability to demonstrate technical knowledge in manufacturing operations and procedures as it pertains to mechanical assembly, harnessing, and soldering with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to perform epoxy bonding and polymeric application as it pertains to space flight hardware.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power point are required.
- The technical prowess to tackle and understand new engineering designs with moderate oversight.
Solumina MES, TipQA, Windchill, CREOView, and Spacecraft processing knowledge preferred.
- Experience with critical/hazardous operations a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top