Intl Trade Compliance Anlyst 3
Northrop Grumman Missile Defense and Protective Systems Division is seeking an International Trade Compliance Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position may be located in Huntsville, AL or McLean, VA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Export/Import Management organization, working to ensure compliance with export laws that enhance foreign policy and protect national security.
- Manages comprehensive internal export controls to ensure compliance with US and foreign regulations (ITAR and EAR) in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
- Establishes and implements business plans for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Assures that transactions comply with government regulations and internal procedures by conducting gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Proficient in commodity jurisdiction and classification determination; and making determinations regarding applicability of exceptions and exemptions.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures.
- Participates in training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Exercises good judgment to seek management support and guidance as needed, including collaborating on decisions that have the potential to be high visibility or impact.
- Develops and delivers presentations, including Export General Awareness training, program/function specific export training, and program/capture export licensing strategy updates to Division leadership.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree plus 4 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrate a track record of paying close attention to detail
- US citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with OCR's EASE software
- Experience with use of/authorizing ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions
- Experienced and comfortable providing training in person or via virtual methods (e.g., LiveMeeting)
- Ability to participate in corporate-wide working groups for new procedures, regulatory changes, etc.
- Able to learn and use new web-based applications including work flows and databases
- Experience with making Jurisdiction and Classification determinations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top