International Trade Compliance Manager
- Falls Church, VA
Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an International Trade Compliance Manager to join our team at the Corporate Headquarters in Falls Church, VA. The Manager, International Trade Compliance, is responsible for leading a small team of trade compliance professionals.
In overseeing the quality of international regulatory licensing submissions to obtain USG approval in support of international business initiatives, coordinating policy input on regulatory matters affecting exports, interfacing with U.S. government agencies on export and import related matters, and advising sector export management on procedural implementation of regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the quality assurance/quality control reviews and processing of export and temporary import license and agreement applications in compliance with applicable U.S. government laws and regulations
- Serves as a focal point for select sector Export Management personnel regarding transactional compliance with export regulations, license preparation and processing, and the use of exemptions and exceptions in lieu of licensing
- Maintains awareness of changing export control laws and regulations and provides analysis regarding applicability and impact to company products and technologies, as well as existing company export policies and procedures
- Provides guidance to sectors and business units on the development of export strategies
- Supports corporate priority program and capture reviews
- Serves as a subject matter expert to support training and education on export related matters
- Serves as liaison with U.S. government agencies on strategy development related to specific export matters of concern, and responds to inquiries from U.S. Government reviewers and resolves application related issues
- Serves as a company Empowered Official
As an integral member of corporate Global Trade Management team, may perform other duties on a collateral basis, as assigned by the Director of Export Management, to include leading various Northrop Grumman process
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years' professional export management and compliance experience or 4 years' of experience with a master's degree
- Proficiency in the ITAR, EAR and regulatory changes associated with Export Control Reform
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain security clearance
- Graduate degree in a relevant field of study
- Knowledge of NGC products and services.
- Experience drafting licenses and agreements, and managing export transactions
- Experience in training large, diverse groups on various export related issues matters
- Active top secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top