Intern, Systems Engineer
- Dulles, VA
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineer to join the Space Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
In this role, you perform duties contributing to general mission and/or space vehicle systems engineering activities. You could support and/or be responsible for developing requirements, design, integration, development or testing of air & space payloads, spacecraft buses, satellites, and manned or unmanned space systems.
Responsibilities may also include developing requirements, design, integration, development or testing of space payloads, spacecraft buses, satellites, human-rated spacecraft, and satellite servicing vehicles.
This includes generating and flowing down customer requirements to hardware and software designers, developing innovative system architectures, implementing advanced algorithms involving sophisticated signal processing and data processing techniques, and integrating and testing finished hardware and software products. Tasks may also include harness interface design, mechanical systems support, Command& Telemetry database development, and space vehicle configuration modeling. You must be knowledgeable in aerospace systems, spacecraft subsystems design, or mission operations. Advanced modeling & analyses relating to mission and technical problems may be required in support of development or mission operations teams. Candidate may be called on to assist in new business activities, such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2021.
- Be majoring in a STEM program
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2021
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25 out of 4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through
Back to top