Intern, Product Support Team Engineer
- Roy, UT
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Sector.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Mechanical Engineer to join the Space Sector Intern Program. This position will be located in Roy, UT.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of electrical engineering specializations that may include: Performing a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas. Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, test, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems. Work from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions. Operate related equipment; conduct tests and report data in prescribed format. Perform calibration and alignment checks; make adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepare prescribed compounds and solutions.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate STEM degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2021.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2021
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70 out of 4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch.
Back to top