Inspector 4 - Top Secret Clearance (Space/Satellite Systems)
- Chandler, AZ
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Perform in-process and final inspections on product throughout the Satellite Manufacturing Facility work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test)
This position will support a 7 day per week, 2 shift per day schedule.
•Perform detailed inspections on both EEE and Mechanical components at the piece part, sub-assembly, assembly, and spacecraft level.
•Perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
•Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
•Generate non-conformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
•Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
•Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for configuration audit to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Active or current Top Secret clearance
- U.S. citizen
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
- Minimum 6 years experience in Quality Assurance or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function.
- Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift as needed
- Willingness to work shifts within a 7 day workweek
- Associates (2 year) degree from accredited institution.
- ASQ certifications
- Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, or Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering is a plus.
- Working knowledge of TipQA and/or Costpoint database applications.
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists is a plus.
- Previous experience working in ISO-certified company.
- Able to work with different groups to achieve quality goals.
- Prioritize and multitask to prevent escapes and provided uninterrupted QA support.
- Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
- Basic technical writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Back to top