Inspector 2 - Electronic Component Work Center - NG Space
- Dulles, VA
- Perform in-process and final inspections on circuit card assemblies under magnification in accordance with NASA 8739 or IPC workmanship standards.
- Perform inspections on box level assemblies and support environmental testing activities
- Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
- Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with Orbital Sciences Corporations ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
- Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions
- Minimum 2 years experience in manufacturing or inspection fields of electronic components or assemblies
- Able to use Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications easily.
- Above average technical writing skills is mandatory.
- Previous experience inspecting to either NASA 8739 series or IPC/J-STD-001 for circuit card assemblies, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of both SMT and through-hole parts and ability to discern acceptability criteria of both part types
- Experience programming or operating the Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) equipment
- Associates (2 year) degree in engineering discipline or non-technical 4 year degree from accredited institute
- Working knowledge of TIPQA and/or Costpoint database applications
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists
Back to top