Inspector 2 - 2nd Shift - Space Components
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Division designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Our facility in San Diego, CA is seeking an experienced Mechanical Inspector with relevant aerospace industry experience in our Quality Assurance department. This employee will be working on small, medium and/or large government and commercial programs.
- Performs dimensional inspections per work order and drawing requirements
- Ability to utilize precision hand tools and surface plate setups
- Proficient blueprint reading experience
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and 2 years of additional education/or related experience
- Proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Experience inspecting tight tolerance machined components with complex geometry
- Experience with dimensional inspection using precision hand tools and surface plate setup
- Proficient blueprint reading skills
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Familiarity with aerospace standards (ex. AS9100, ISO9001)
- Competent in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- CMM/FARO Arm experience
- Composite experience
Back to top