Information Systems Technical Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman's Client, Mobility and Print Services organization in Herndon, VA is seeking a Client Engineering Technician. The selected candidate will have the responsibility to provide engineering support across all services including clients, mobile devices and printers.
The Client Engineering technician will initiate and complete performance and functionality testing of all enterprises operating system builds by using automated testing tools and also provides related troubleshooting assistance to desktop support teams.
He/she will be required to support enterprise projects and departmental responsibilities across all services such as client hardware evaluations and roadmaps; Windows 10 futures; mobile devices as computing platforms; security related initiatives; and system builds in support of International requirements.
The incumbent will also engage and assist other support teams (InfoSec, Active Directory, Networks) to support projects and troubleshooting activities.
Candidate must have significant experience and technically proficient in all of the following areas:
- BA/BS degree and 5 years of relevant experience, preferably supporting enterprise customers and operations.
- Testing and release of OS and application patches, maintain required device drivers, implement Internet and security settings to meet enterprise security requirements
- Use of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager for OS Deployment and creation of Task Sequences to deliver an standard desktop/laptop/thin client image to devices
- Use of other Enterprise class infrastructure tools used in the OS Deployment process include MDT and Windows PE.
- Advanced application and system level troubleshooting
- Configuration of Enterprise applications including Office 2010/2013/2016, Internet Explorer, Firefox; Information Security tools; mobile connections; power management
- Use of VMWare Workstation or Hyper-V to manage test virtual machines
- International build support
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and updating application supporting libraries such as .Net Framework and JRE
- Experience in windows scripting tools such as PowerShell and implementing security initiatives
- PC performance benchmarking/ regression testing
- Candidates should have experience developing customer facing applications in Visual Studio in support windows and web based IT infrastructure applications.
- Proven ability to take on technical challenges and work independently with minimal supervision.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top