Information Systems Project Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those
innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Project Manager. This position is located in
Quantico, VA. The Project Manager will develop a project plan for all major projects (existing and new) as required by the Government Technical POC. The project plan shall include all anticipated project phases, deliverables, schedule and milestones, costs, and risks. The contractor shall brief the project plan to the Government TPOC at the start of each project and provide monthly status reports on all active projects.
A successful Project Manager will
- Be responsible for all phases of system development implementation process including requirements analysis, design, testing, and ongoing support.
- Establish milestones and adhere to master plans and schedules.
- Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Serve as customer contact for project related activities, responding to customer needs and changes in a flexible manner.
- Gather and document the customer's technical and functional requirements and develop into a detailed project plans.
- Track and report project status (schedule, milestones, metrics, key events, risks, and issues).
- Be responsible for the cost, deliverables, roll out plans, and technical performance of projects.
- Present a master schedule showing major task and project, milestones and deliverable; planned and actual start and completion dates for each in a Monthly Status Reports (MSR)
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the incoming contractor/Government personnel for the period of the transition via weekly status meetings or as often as necessary
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree (3 years with Masters). Four (4) years additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience leading full lifecycle technical projects and delivering ideas through implementation.
- Experience leading multiple IT projects simultaneously, handling additional customer requests and needs throughout.
- Past experience of leading, managing and participating in cross-functional IT projects
- Experience with MS Project Suite to include MS Project.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Prior DOD experience
- PMP Certification
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong customer intimacy skills.
- Working knowledge of ITIL best practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top