Information Sys Tech Analyst 5
Messaging/Skype for Business/SharePoint Engineer - Join a team of Engineers in the Collaboration Services area responsible for designing, development, support and strategic/technical analysis for Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint 2013 Enterprise applications. This position will lead engineering and provide complex support of classified assignments that are often self-initiated.
This position will require the incumbent to apply advanced technical expertise/concepts in architecting solutions for Exchange, SharePoint and Skype for Business as well as developing and analyzing new potential solutions to solve the needs of the business.
Due to the program constraints this position will be challenged with working on complex technical problems. This will require providing out of the box thinking and providing technical solutions that are highly innovative.
This role will serve as the Collaboration Services focal point and spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. The position will act as advisor to CS management and customers on complex technical and business cases requiring technical solutions.
Responsibilities will require this individual to work under the classified program providing direction toward long range goals and objectives. This position will be responsible to identify and follow actions required to achieve desired results. Work will be checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior messaging enterprise level projects and internal company infrastructure.
Additional duties include:
- Engineering, design and oversight for the Exchange 2013/Skype for Business Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Collaborate with project teams and internal users to define requirements.
- Research and design SharePoint solution architectures, build and support SharePoint farms and components.
- Analyze complex technical operational issues and recommend and implement corrections.
- Perform as the Lead Engineer, working closely with the GCS Operations team, on the configuration and monitoring, product deliveries, patch updates, performance evaluations of new software product upgrades and/or enterprise software tools, and troubleshooting of problems related to messaging application deliveries.
- Prepare new messaging standards documentation and ensure the documentation is approved through all the approval cycles.
- Develop advanced technological ideas and guide the development into a final product/solution.
- Provide complex technical recommendations messaging infrastructure solutions to project-based requirements, including providing cost of hardware, software and labor in support of the installation and customization of the solution, implementing the projects' toward designing "first build" environments.
- 14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's in Science degree; 12 years with Masters; 9 years with PhD.
- Expert level knowledgeable in Windows OS, Skype for Business, SharePoint 2013 and Exchange technologies and NG standards, policies and procedures for client hardware, operating systems and OS layered products is required.
- At least five years of hands-on system administration of Windows, MS Exchange, and Skype for Business experience required.
- Application design and coding experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of storage and virtualization technologies is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with customers and peers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top