Information Sys Project Mgr 4
The Information System Project Manager (PM) position supports Air Force Weather within the Systems Engineering, Management, and Sustainment (SEMS) III Project Management Office (PMO) organization. Manages all aspects of assigned projects from initiation to closure in order to maximize value delivery through successful project execution, value-added accomplishments and lean processes. Adheres and contributes to project management methods, standards, processes, tools and templates to ensure consistency and communication across the program. Supports portfolio managers to develop and maintain a portfolio of projects that align with business goals and Customer needs. Accountable for project performance and success in terms of requirements traceability, deliverable quality and timeliness, risk/issue management, schedule and budget. Prepares and elaborates project plans, estimates resources and time considering risk, skill sets, dependencies and constraints. Directs, monitors and controls project execution, and provides status and visibility to management and stakeholders for all assigned projects. Supports recurring project data collection and analysis, timely information distribution and reporting, and coordinating review activities. Collaborates with other project leads and community to enhance project management processes and advance the profession. Identifies and exploits opportunities to eliminate waste and save resources that enable delivery of value that exceeds expectations. Keeps current on advances in information technology and provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- U.S. citizenship required. Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance
- Bachelors' degree in Project Management, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or other science-related field.
- 9 years of experience with systems development working with a variety of commercial-of-the-shelf software and hardware including client/server, network, storage, database, and their unique integration challenges
- 2 years applying project management standards and best practices to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close technically complex projects for a large enterprise and/or client, including proposal development, working with agile and waterfall methodologies, and scheduling in Microsoft Project
- Experience leading discussions with key stakeholders, including excellent verbal and written communications with customers, technical teams, peers and direct management to report status, coordinate strategy, proactively identify and resolve issues, collect and refine project constraints, and articulately describe project objectives, deliverables and high-level technical approach
- Experience and understanding of applying systems development and cybersecurity processes such as DoD IA Certification & Accreditation Process (DIACAP), Cross-Domain Solution (CDS) Connection Approval Process, and NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) within the DoD and/or Intelligence community
- Experience with system development in the 557 Weather Wing (WW) environment and knowledge of characteristics of military weather support, to include numerical weather modeling
- Hands-on experience with systems integration, engineering and administration
- Experience managing resources (personnel/cost/schedule/equipment)
- Experience supporting proposal development
- Technical writing and statistics coursework or experience
- Project management, Agile, and security certifications (e.g., PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM/CSP, Security , CASP, CSSLP, CISSP)
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence tools, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Active DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top